There are two main types of insulation: spray foam and radiant barrier sheathing. Each has its own pros and cons that need to be considered when deciding which type of insulation is right for your home.
Pros of Spray Foam Insulation
1. Energy efficiency: Spray foam insulation is one of the most energy-efficient types of insulation available. It helps to keep your home cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter and can even help reduce your energy bills.
2. Airtight seal: Spray insulation forms a tight seal around your windows, doors, and other openings. This helps to block out drafts and keep your home more comfortable.
3. Prevents moisture damage: Spray foam helps to prevent moisture damage by creating an airtight seal that prevents moisture from entering your home.
4. Non-toxic: Unlike other types of insulation, spray foam insulation is non-toxic and safe to use in your home.
5. Easy to install: Spray foam insulation is easy to install and can even be done yourself with the help of a professional.
Cons of Spray Foam Insulation
1. Cost: Spray foam is more expensive than traditional foam.
2. Difficult to remove: Once spray foam insulation has been installed, it can be difficult to remove.
3. Requires professional removal: Spray foam insulation is so difficult to remove you will need call a professional to remove it.
What is Radiant Barrier Sheathing?
Radiant barrier sheathing is a type of insulation installed on your home’s exterior. It is made up of a reflective material that helps to reflect heat away from your home. This helps to keep your home cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.
Pros of Radiant Barrier Sheathing
1. Reflective: Radiant barrier sheathing reflects heat away from your home, helping to keep it cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.
2. Easy to install: Radiant barrier sheathing is easy to install and can even be removed.
3. Non-toxic: Radiant barrier sheathing is non-toxic and safe for use in your home.
Cons of Radiant Barrier Sheathing
1. Not as effective as spray foam: Radiant barrier sheathing is not as effective as spray foam insulation.
2. Requires professional installation: Because radiant barrier sheathing is difficult to remove by yourself, it is best to call a professional for its removal.
When deciding which type of insulation is right for your home, it is important to consider the pros and cons of each type.
Spray foam insulation effectively seals your home and prevents moisture damage. Radiant barrier sheathing is less effective at sealing your home but is easier to install and remove with A Best Insulation. You can be assured that you’re getting the best insulation for your home. Contact us today to learn more!