Living in Florida, you’ve probably never thought about insulating your unattached shed. The state is a temperate climate zone, so you’re not worried about it getting cold in there during the winter. However, you may not know that there are lots of reasons why you should get that shed insulated. Here’s why it’s a good idea for your home, and how you should go about it.
Why Do You Need Insulation?
As mentioned above, Florida is a temperate climate zone. That means there’s often sunny skies most of the year, but it can also mean some hostile weather conditions. Heavy rainfall, hurricanes, and other weather conditions can take a toll on your home.
Because of this, insulation in Fort Lauderdale is a must. Here’s how good insulation can improve in the most basic shed:
- Keep an average temperature year round: Because of changes in pressure and weather conditions, the temperature in your shed can vary wildly. Even if you just keep the lawn mower and yard tools in there, those fluctuations can actually damage them. Having your shed insulated will protect your belongings from breakages.
- Use your shed for more: Ever wanted a home office or even a man cave away from the house? That shed that’s gathering dust in your yard could be just the thing. Before you start installing your home cinema system though, you need to insulate it. That way, you won’t be sweltering in the summer, and the furniture and gadgets you keep in there won’t be damaged.
- Ensure structural integrity: Another issue that can happen in our climate is the buckling or warping of interior studs. If you see paint starting to peel, that means that this may have happened and moisture has already made its way inside the shed. If left unchecked, you could be looking at some costly repairs. Fort Lauderdale insulation can stop this from happening, and save you money.
What Kind Of Insulation Should You Use?
As you can see, even if you have a very basic shed, getting it insulated is an excellent idea. Now you’ve decided to do this, you need to decide what kind of insulation you’re going to use. Here are the best options for you to choose from:
- Spray foam insulation: This is one of the most popular options in home renovation, and with good reason. It works when in direct contact with the structure, so very little alignment is necessary. It serves both as insulation and an air barrier, too.
- If you choose to go this route, you still need to call on a Fort Lauderdale insulation company such as ourselves to help you get the job done. This is because when installed properly, the whole structure will be insulated properly. It also means that no leakage points will be missed, leading to repairs later down the line.
- Fiberglass insulation: This insulation comes in rolls, and is applied directly to the structure in order to trap air coming in and out of the structure. It’s still a popular choice in installation. This is because it comes in various R ratings, meaning you can have control over how powerful your insulation is.
Having Your Shed Insulated
If you still have questions about insulating your shed, it’s time to call on us. Here at A Best Insulation, we’re South Florida’s best insulation company. Our years of experience mean that we can insulate your home quickly, efficiently, and carefully. When we come to your home, we’ll find the best insulation for you and install it in no time at all.
If you still have questions, that’s not a problem at all. Get in touch, and we’ll be happy to help you decide how to insulate your shed. We can even come out and take a look at it, so we can make some recommendations for you. We’re dedicated to ensuring the health and safety of South Florida homes, so you know we’ll recommend what’s best for you.
Even your shed needs to be taken care of. Get in touch with us, and we’ll give you a shed that’s ready for anything. Protect your belongings and your home with our insulation expertise.
Click here to know more about Insulation Buying Guide!